Saturday, June 19, 2010

Back on track

I haven't been able to design or post any new patterns for almost a week because my back went out! I was so immobile I couldn't even sketch! I tried to remember the multitude of patterns that floated through my mind while on pain killers. There were some good ones that I don't think I'll ever remember or be able to recreate.

I've also taken this opportunity/break to try and get my designs back on track. I've been wanting to explore pattern design without any limitations. But, what I know about myself is that I work better with some boundaries. I've come up with some of my own design guidelines and might just have to write myself a design brief. I'll post that once I do.

Meanwhile, here is one new pattern.

2 comments:

  1. I love it.
    How about a design with kitchen towels in mind?
    Check out this link to some: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patapri/sets/72157600648479403/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, kitchen towels and napkins. I like this one too. It's the first pattern in a while that I think is on the right track. More to come!

    ReplyDelete